It’s almost here… Spring! Mother Nature keeps bouncing end to end on our thermometers but Punxy Phil prognosticated Spring is just a few short weeks away.
As such, your ARPCA planning committees have been in overdrive adding more and more to your 2017 car-docket! Both a Spring Tech Session and separate Detailing Seminar are now on the calendar – Porsche style – form & function! Plus the return of PTC and a Spring Road Rally. All that and more – so, here’s a peak at the next 2+ months and other cornerstone ARPCA events on the horizon:
Thursday March 9th – 7:00PM – Monthly Business Meeting
Saturday April 8th – 9:00AM – Spring 2017 Tech Session
- Host: Sewickley Porsche – 526 Ohio River Blvd, Sewickley, PA, 15143
- Come explore and learn the differences between various Porsche cars including a base 911, 911 GT3 and 911 Cup car, or between a base Cayman, Cayman GT4 and Cayman GT4 Club Race Car.
Thursday April 13th – 7:00PM – Monthly Business Meeting
Sunday April 30th – 10:30AM – Spring Road Rally
The spring rally route is set and features some pretty intriguing back roads with some misdirection thrown in to play with your sense of direction. The two hour rally route should be enough to put some heat into your Porsches cold tires from its long winter nap.
Saturday May 13th – 9:00AM – Meguiar’s Car Detailing Session Fast Company – 1201 William Flinn Hwy, Glenshaw, PA 15116 hosts ARPCA for a car detailing session featuring a representative from Meguiar’s, a top line provider of automotive car solutions.
Wednesday May 31st – 11:00aM – Porsche Touring Crew Lunch Porsche Touring Crew returns for 2017! Venture to Café Chocolade, a locally owned business with a European feel – located in Oakdale. Meet fellow Porsche enthusiasts to enjoy lunch and be part of the parking lot Porsche display. You will not be disappointed by the view or the cuisine!
2017 Driver Education Series – Registration Filling Quickly
We return once again to drive drive some fantastic road courses: Watkins Glen, PittRace and Mid-Ohio:
Saturday June 17th – 8:30AM – 4:30PM – Tire Rack Street Survival Car Control Clinic
- ARPCA proudly presents the 2017 Tire Rack Street Survival program in Pittsburgh!
- Primary emphasis of Tire Rack Street Survival® is a “hands-on” driving experience in real-world situations! We use your own car to teach you about handling limits and how you can control them. Students will become more observant of traffic situation they find themselves in. They will learn to look far enough ahead to anticipate unwise actions of other drivers. As students master the application of physics to drive their cars, they will make fewer unwise driving actions themselves. They will understand why they should always wear their own seatbelts, and why they should insist that their passengers wear seatbelts, too.
- It’s about more than driving – it’s about LIVING! Thanks to support of Tire Rack, Michelin, Enterprise, BWM CCA Foundation, Pitt Ohio Express and Moon Township Ford we offer this event at a very low cost of $75.00. Space limited.
PVGP 2017 Registration Now Open
In 2017 ARPCA celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Porsche 928 being named European Car of the Year, the first time ever, and since, a sports car has been awarded such honor.
ARPCA Club Race…… Is on! October 13-15, 2017 – PittRace
Great news… ARPCA will host a 2017 Club Race which includes the PCA 944 Cup Nationals East ! Bill Sulouff leads helm as ARPCA Club Race Chairman with Past President George Patterson as Club Race Sales/Sponsor Chair. Get involved with all the racing excitement! To help either race-side or with sponsorship – send a quick email to either (or both) ensuring you are included on next communication:
- Bill Sulouff – ARPCA Club Race Chair – email@example.com
- George Patterson – ARPCA Club Race Sales – firstname.lastname@example.org
You’re Social… and We’re Social… So… Let’s Connect!
Did you know ARPCA is active on Facebook? Our group, Allegheny Region Porsche Club of America ARPCA, has 216 members as of this writing. Join the group – it’s a great way to keep up with happenings in the club, ask questions about upcoming events and communicate with other ARPCA members.
We’re also on Instagram so follow, #hastag, @mention, and like us
everywhere you are with your P-car!