Allegheny Region Porsche Club of America
2020 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
July 24th, 25th, 26th
Plan to attend the 38th annual Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix with ARPCA. Join hundreds of your fellow club members, guests from other regions, and friends as we gather on “Porsche Field” in Schenley Park to enjoy our cars, vintage races and the camaraderie that defines PVGP weekend. Now is the time to mark this event on your calendar. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is our club’s largest fundraiser of the year with proceeds donated through the PVGP charity to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School.
This year promises to be an outstanding event with new amenities geared toward making your experience more enjoyable. The club’s PVGP Committee will repeat the streamlined check-in process where attendees register through Motorsport Registration (MSR) and receive an email from PVGP_reg@arpca.com with their dash plaque and QR code “ticket” as attachments. As members drive up to the Porsche corral, we will scan the QR code and have your wrist bands, raffle ticket, and PVGP program pre-staged at the Registration tent. The club will also feature a Dining Tent complete with linen tablecloths and catering partner, Mission BBQ. In addition, the Full Weekend Package and all event pricing remain unchanged from the previous year.
Remember, you must Pre-Register to guarantee a spot in Porsche Field. Parking is limited to 250 cars. With increasing attendance and a large contingent from outside the region, space is limited.
ARPCA Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix Highlights
Friday, July 24
• Pre-PVPG Social and Rally – The rally will start from a pre-determined restaurant parking area north of Pittsburgh. The location will be determined as soon as the quarantine order is rescinded. (The Doublewide Grill is CLOSED, but potentially opening under a new name.) The Driver’s meeting starts at 12:45 p.m. First car off at 1:00 p.m. Come early and meet for lunch!
• Weekend Kick-Off Party – Location TBD. Festivities begin around 5:00 p.m. Restaurant parking lot reserved for a Porsche car show.
Saturday, July 25
• International Car Show at Schenley Park – over 3000 cars on display covering marques from around the world.
• Catered lunch, unlimited beverages and Dining Tent
• Peoples’ Choice Concours (Open to all PVGP pre-registered Porsches)
• ARPCA Raffle
• Vintage racing time trials – Many of our club members participate in the races throughout Schenley Park. Be sure to cheer them on!
Sunday, July 26
• International Car Show at Schenley Park
• Catered lunch, unlimited beverages, and Dining Tent
• Vintage Car Races – Visit our club’s racers in the pit area or watch from trackside!
• Friday Social and Rally – $20 Donation per vehicle
• Friday PVGP Weekend Welcome and Kickoff Party – Free Porsche parking
• Saturday only – $85 Includes registration for ONE Porsche and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, eligibility in the Saturday concours, silent auction ticket, two lunches with unlimited soft drinks and water, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
• Sunday only – $75 Includes registration for ONE Porsche and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft drinks and water, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
• Full Weekend Package – $135 Includes registration for ONE car and TWO people on both Saturday and Sunday. The package includes parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft drinks and water, eligibility for the Saturday concours, silent auction ticket, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
• Additional Lunch Tickets for either day – $20 per person (must be purchased through MSR with a pre-registration package – no walk on lunch tickets sold.)
• WALK-ON (On-site registration) rate is $95 per day (no weekend discount) and will include parking in the Porsche corral, lunch for two with unlimited soft drinks and water, Saturday auction ticket, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
NO DISCOUNTS APPLY TO WALK ON PRICING
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TIMELY DISCOUNTS AND TO GUARANTEE A SPOT ON THE LAWN!
Note: Registration closes July 18th at 11:59PM. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING INCLEMENT WEATHER, WILL BE ISSUED AFTER JULY 15th, 2020 AS THIS IS A CHARITABLE EVENT. Any registrations after July 18th will be late and charged the “walk-on” rate of $95 per day.
HOTEL PARTNERS FOR OUT-OF-TOWN GUESTS
HILTON GARDEN INN (Cranberry)
2000 Garden View Ln, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
HAMPTON INN (Pittsburgh University/Medical Center)
3315 Hamlet St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Greetings Members – By now, many of you are thinking about waking up that Porsche and getting ready for the upcoming driving season and the plethora of club social events. I know I am! Unfortunately, the Covid-19 corona virus is overshadowing events. With that in mind, I’d like to share with each of you the Club’s thoughts as of right now.
North and South PTCr’s Call Truce
Schedule Meeting at Civil War Eatery.
March 24th 2020 at 11:00AM
There’s never been any territorial disputes among PTC members, but nevertheless, the Porsche Touring Crew has announced a March 24th luncheon destination that borrows its name from the Civil War era!
Start your weekend off right! How you ask? Well in the company of fellow ARPCA members for an upscale cars-n-coffee event at The Lot at Edgewater restaurant in Oakmont, Pa.
There is no cost for this event and registration is not necessary. Just show up with your favorite P-car and share some coffee, breakfast, and stories with your fellow ARPCA members.
I hope this message finds you either anticipating the Mid-Winter Party or enjoying the memories gained from an evening spent there in good company.
Please be aware that the ARPCA February Monthly Meeting is slated for Thursday the 6th at Sewickley Porsche from 7:00 to 9:00PM. It is open to all members and we hope to see you there.
ARPCA 2020 Driver’s Educations Series – NOW OPEN!
WATKINS GLEN INTERNATIONAL Friday, May 1 – Sunday, May 3. Drive your car on the iconic road racing circuit in upstate New York. This event sells out EARLY each year. Don’t wait to register!
PITTSBURGH INTERNATIONAL RACE COMPLEX (PittRace), Friday, July 31 – Sunday, Aug 2. See why our “home track” has become a destination for road racers from around the country. Last year we had a long wait list. Sign up right away!
MID-OHIO SPORTS CAR COURSE, Friday, September 11 – Sunday, September 13. From first-time track drivers to those with many years of experience, Mid-Ohio has something to challenge any driver.
All three events now open for registration!
Mid Winter Party 2020Saturday, February 1st, 2020 3:00 – 6:00PM
Shake off winter’s chill with your Porsche Club friends at the Hofbrauhaus. The afternoon festivities begin with an OPTIONAL brewery tour at 2:30 followed by appetizers and a sit-down dinner at 3:00. Select from a choice of traditional German entrees including Shnitzel, Rahm Spatzle, Wurstlteller, and Dunkel Bourbon Chicken. A Vegetarian option is also available.
The festive and raucous after-party features LIVE MUSIC from The Bavarian Brats……..A block of discounted rooms is reserved for ARPCA party-goers next door at the Hyatt House. Call 412-390-2477 and select “3” for reservations. Use “ARPCA Room Block Group” for the special rate. The hotel stay includes a complimentary breakfast. (Cut-off date for the $139 rate is January 6th.)
Please note registration for this event ends on 1/23/2020
Porsche Touring Crew Luncheon – February 2020
February 25* @ 11:30 am
Join the Porsche Touring Crew for a special off-season event at Max’s Allegheny Tavern.
Luncheon attendees will convene at 11:30 am on Tuesday, February 25th.
The Porsche Touring Crew is an ARPCA social group, and is always open to both ARPCA members and guests.The event is no cost; however, attendees pay for their own lunch. Guests are always welcome. Registration for this event is through MotorsportsReg (MSR).
Registration closes on February 23rd.
For more information, contact Tom Mueller (firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-651-4232) or Wayne Desbrow (email@example.com, 412-860-5700)
*There was an error in Rundschau December 2019, the correct date is 2/25
Monthly Club Meeting – February 2020
February 13th 2020
7:oo – 9:00 pm
There is a potential conflict with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix – Dancing with the Cars event which also takes place on February 13th. This meeting may be rescheduled; the calendar and website will be updated as soon as a decision is reached.
PCA Zone 4 Website is now Live
ARPCA’s Online Clothing Store – Show Your Club Pride!
You know what this website is missing? You!
The ARPCA would like more of you here to share with all of us. Have some images of your Porsche in all its polished glory or maybe a picture from an ARPCA event with your friends and family? The ARPCA is pleased to announce we are now accepting online image submissions!
Click Here or the “Member Submissions” link in the menu at the top of the page.
Currently image size is limited to 20MB per image we accept images in tiff, gif, png, jpeg, raw, and esp formats. Images should be your own original content. Images currently subject to copyright, or of an inappropriate nature will not be accepted or displayed by the ARPCA.
by Jack Neff, TVC Program Chief Instructor
Do you have a new driver in your family? PittRace, along with ARPCA, offers a TVC (total vehicle control) program nearly every month for new or experienced drivers looking to improve their defensive driving skills. This program takes place on PittRace’s north track at real highway speeds. The class includes panic stops, threshold braking, skid pad, slalom, swerve to avoid last minute obstacles — all in your car! Read more
A Message from FAST Company
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our Racers and PCA customers who have forgone their discount normally given to members, which we have matched for a $1600.00 donation to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. We have also donated proceeds from race car storage (Hartwood Area Racing Drivers). Thanks to you for feeding people in our area and to Jim & Kathy Stout for helping the effort at Pitt Race today. I’ve been told that we feed a lot of people.