Attend one of the most spectacular vintage races in the world – and party ARPCA style!
The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, now in its 34th year, is our Club’s biggest annual event (Brief PVGP History Here). Come join hundreds of your fellow Club members, guests from other regions, and friends as we again gather on the lawn at Schenley Park to enjoy our cars, races, and above all, the camaraderie that has grown over the years. Whether this is your first PVGP weekend or 34th, now is the time to register and get this event on your calendar. The PVGP takes place in scenic Schenley Park in the heart of Pittsburgh. This is one of two vintage races that occur on public streets in the world, the other of course being Monaco. It is also our largest fundraiser of the year – proceeds are donated through the PVGP to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School ($400,000 for 2015!!). This year promises to be the best yet, with nothing but sunshine predicted for the ENTIRE weekend! We will bring back the hugely successful Top 10 People’s Choice Concours, which is open to all registered Porsches. We are also holding a special fundraiser this year: for a donation, get your car reproduced in a PVGP painting by local Pittsburgh artist Linda Barnicott, and get a print, too! We will also have a silent auction for the original work of art on the PVGP weekend. For more information on this fundraiser, click here. Here are the highlights of the weekend activities to enjoy:
Friday, July 15:
- Pre-PVGP Glacier Tour Rally, brought back by popular demand with Jay Malobicky’s great route ending at location of our Kick-Off Party. Start time estimated ~ 1:00PM Full Details and Starting Location will be announce at later date but register today for this fun new annual ARPCA-PVGP Event!
- Weekend Kick-Off Party at the Double Wide Grill in Mars, PA, hosted by Porsche Cars North America (PCNA). We will host the out-of-town clubs traveling to participate in the PVGP. This is our fourth annual hosting of the Kick-Off Party. There will be plenty of good cheer at this great venue right next to hotels and the turnpike, just north of Pittsburgh. In addition to an impromptu gathering of Porsches of all varieties, a special model Porsche will be displayed by PCNA (details to follow). All local and distant Porsches welcome. Starting at 5:00 pm to ???
Saturday, July 16:
- International Car Show on the Golf Course – over 2000 cars will be on display encompassing many marques. (The PVGP Marque for 2016 is Jaguar.)
- Catered Tailgate Party starting at 12:00 pm.
- Top 10 People’s Choice Concours – open to all PVGP-registered Porsches
- Door prizes
- Vintage Racing Time Trials – Watch many of our club members participating in the races throughout Schenley Park.
Sunday, July 17:
- Porsche Car Show – Day 2
- Catered Tailgate Party starting at 12:00 pm
- Vintage Car Races – Again, cheer our club members on!
- Friday Glacier Tour / Rally – $10 Per Car Donation
- Saturday-only registration for one car and TWO people: $85 (includes parking, door prizes, two lunches, and soft beverages)
- Sunday-only registration for one car and TWO people: $75 (includes parking, two lunches, and soft beverages)
- Saturday AND Sunday registration for one car and TWO people: $150 (SAVE $10 – includes parking, Saturday door prizes, two lunches each day, and soft beverages)
- Additional meal tickets for either day: $20 per person
Note: Registration closes July 5th, 2016, at 11:59 pm. A limited number of late registrations may be accepted, but your credit card will be immediately charged. Email Ed Rice using link above to inquire. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BAD WEATHER, WILL BE ISSUED AFTER JULY 5, 2016, AS THIS IS A CHARITABLE EVENT. Any registrations after July 1 will be completed on-site at the walk-on rate. The WALK-ON rate is $85 per day (no discount) but will include lunch for two and door prizes.
Hotel partner for out-of-town guests: Coming Soon