Attend one of the most spectacular vintage races in the world – and party ARPCA style!
The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, now in its 34th year, is our Club’s biggest annual event (Brief PVGP History Here). Come join hundreds of your fellow Club members, guests from several other PCA Regions and other friends as we again gather on the lawn at Schenley Park to enjoy our Porsches, see the many other cool cars, watch the vintage cars navigate this difficult race track and above all, enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow Porsche enthusiasts!
The PVGP takes place in scenic Schenley Park in the heart of Pittsburgh. This is one of two vintage races that occur on public streets in the world, the other of course being Monaco. It is also our largest fundraiser of the year – proceeds are donated through the PVGP to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School. The PVGP raised $400,000 in 2015!
This year promises to be the best yet, with nothing but sunshine predicted for the ENTIRE weekend! We will bring back the hugely successful Top 10 People’s Choice Concours, which is open to all registered Porsches. We are also holding a special fundraiser this year: for a donation, your Porsche will be included in a custom PVGP painting by local Pittsburgh artist Linda Barnicott. The top seven donors will receive the first seven signed and numbered prints with their donation. A limited number of signed and number prints will also be available for sale. For more information on this unique fundraiser, click here.
Our several sponsors have donated many desirable items for the silent auction, including TWO FREE PASSES to the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta!
Highlights of our three day weekend include:
Friday, July 15:
- Glacier Tour Road Rally sponsored by The Sewickley Car Store. John Malobicky’s great rally route through the remnants of the ice age is returning for a second year. The rally will start from the DoubleWide Grill parking area, the location of our PVGP Welcome and Kick-Off Party. Mandatory Drivers meeting starts at 1:45 p.m. First car off at 2:00 p.m. This event was so successful last year that we will be limiting registrations to the first 50 cars in 2016. Be sure to add this event to your list of activities when you register for the PVGP.
- Weekend Kick-Off Party at the Double Wide Grill in Mars, PA, hosted by Porsche Cars North America (PCNA). This will be our fourth year hosting our out-of-town club members traveling to participate in the PVGP. The festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. Come watch as the Porsches return from the Glacier Tour Road Rally, while enjoying the company of your fellow Porsche enthusiasts at this great venue near the host hotels and the turnpike, just north of Pittsburgh. In addition to an impromptu gathering of Porsches of all varieties, PCNA will have a special model Porsche on display! All local and distant Porsches welcome.
Saturday, July 16:
- International Car Show on the Schenley Golf Course – over 2000 cars will be on display encompassing many marques. (The PVGP Marque for 2016 is Jaguar.)
- Catered Tailgate Party starting at 12:00 pm.
- Top 10 People’s Choice Concours – open to all PVGP-registered Porsches
- Many great raffle items including TWO FREE Passes to the Porsche Experience Center!
- Vintage Racing Time Trials – Watch many of our club members participate in the races throughout Schenley Park.
Sunday, July 17:
- Porsche Car Show – Day 2
- Catered Tailgate Party starting at 12:00 pm
- Vintage Car Races – Cheer our club members on!
- Friday Glacier Tour and Road Rally sponsored by The Sewickley Car Store – $10 Donation Per Vehicle
- Friday PVGP Weekend Welcome and Kickoff Party sponsored by Porsche Cars North America – FREE!
- Saturday-only ($85) includes registration for one vehicle and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, eligibility in the Saturday Concours, silent auction and door prizes, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Sunday-only ($75) includes registration for one vehicle and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Full Weekend Package ($150) for one car and TWO people on both Saturday and Sunday. The package includes parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, eligibility for the Saturday concours, silent auction and door prizes, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Additional meal tickets for either day: $20 per person
- The WALK-ON (On-site registration) rate is $85 per day (no weekend discount) and will include parking in the Porsche corral, lunch for two with unlimited soft beverages, eligibility for the raffles and door prizes, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
NO DISCOUNTS APPLY TO WALK ON PRICING
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TIMELY DISCOUNTS.
See you at the races!
Note: Registration is closed. A limited number of late registrations may be accepted. Email Ed Rice using the above link for any last minute inquiries. Should you register after July 5th, your credit card will be charged immediately.
THIS IS A CHARITABLE EVENT, THEREFORE WE WILL ISSUE NO REFUNDS AFTER JULY 5, 2016. Any late registrations processed after July 5, 2016 will be completed at the walk-on rate. Again, the WALK-ON rate is $85 per day (no weekend discount).
Hotel partners for out-of-town guests:
Reservations for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2016/Porsche Club may be made at either hotel by using one of the following methods:
Pittsburgh Marriott North (Cranberry) – 100 Cranberry Woods Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
- Call Marriott reservations directly – 1(800)228-9290
- Reference Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2016, Porsche Club or ARPCA
- Call Pittsburgh Marriott North – (724) 772-3700
- Electronic reservation link here: Marriott North ARPCA PVGP
Marriott hotel offering your special rate: Pittsburgh Marriott North – $109.95 USD per night
Start date: 7/14/16 – End date: 7/17/16
Last day to book: 6/30/16
GUARANTEED RESERVATIONS – All Marriott reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. Hotel will not hold any reservations unless secured by one of the above methods.
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh Cranberry – 136 Emeryville Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Special group rate: $104 USD per night
- Please reference Porsche Club of America
Start date: 7/14/16 - End date: 7/17/16
Last day to book: 6/30/16
Call – 724 779 7900 ext 3 (reservations) or Click Here to Reserve Hyatt Place