Attend one of the most Spectacular Vintage Races in the world – and Party ARPCA style!
The Pittsburgh Vintage grand Prix, now in its 36th year, is our Club’s biggest annual event. Come join hundreds of your fellow Club members, guests from other regions, and friends as we again gather on the lawn at Schenley Park to enjoy our cars, races and above all, camaraderie that has grown over the years. Whether this is your first PVGP weekend, or 36th, now is the time to register and get this event on your calendar. The PVGP takes place in scenic Schenley Park in the heart of Pittsburgh. This is one of 2 vintage races that occur on public streets in the world, the other of course being Monaco. It is also our largest fundraiser of the year – proceeds are donated through PVGP to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School . Last year was a great success for us and for the PVGP overall, raising $360,000 for 2017, and cracking the $5 million mark since its inception!
This year promises to be another fantastic event, and once again sunshine is predicted for the ENTIRE weekend! To top off the festivities, we will have a very special gathering of Porsches on display. To celebrate Porsches rich racing history, we will be featuring the Race Cars of Porsche! You’ll not want to miss the special race cars that we are gathering for this preeminent event. Besides the race cars, we will have the usual large gathering of many other very special and significant Porsches on display. In addition, we will once again feature the hugely popular Top 10 Peoples’ Choice Concours, which is open to all registered Porsches.
Here are the highlights of the weekend of activities to enjoy:
Friday, July 13:
- Pre-PVPG Glacier Tour Rally – John Malobicky’s great rally route through the remnants of the ice age is returning for a fourth year. The rally will start from the DoubleWide Grill parking area, the location of our PVGP Welcome and Kick-Off Party. Mandatory Drivers meeting starts at 12:45 p.m. First car off at 1:00 p.m.Be sure to add this event to your list of activities when you register for the PVGP.
- Weekend kick-off Party at the Double Wide Grill restaurant in Cranberry Township PA – This will be our sixth year hosting our out-of-town club members and Porsche friends traveling to participate in the PVGP. The festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. Come watch as the Porsches return from the Glacier Tour Road Rally, while enjoying the company of your fellow Porsche enthusiasts at this great venue near the host hotels and the turnpike, just north of Pittsburgh. All local and distant Porsches welcome.
Saturday, July 14:
- International Car Show on the Golf Course – over 3000 cars will be on display covering many marques. (BMW is the PVGP Marque for 2018)
- Catered Tailgate Party (starts at 12:00 Noon)
- Top 10 Peoples’ Choice Concours (open to all PVGP registered Porsches)
- Door prizes
- Vintage Racing Time Trails (come see many of our club members participating in the races throughout Schenley Park.)
Sunday, July 15:
- Porsche Car Show Day 2
- Catered Tailgate Party (starts at 12:00 Noon)
- Vintage Car Races (again, cheer our club members on!)
- Friday Glacier Tour and Road Rally – $20 Donation Per Vehicle
- Friday PVGP Weekend Kickoff Welcome Party sponsored by ARPCA – FREE to attend (note – cash bar and food)
- Saturday-only $85 includes registration for one vehicle and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, eligibility in the Saturday Concours, silent auction and door prizes, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Sunday-only $75 includes registration for one vehicle and TWO people, parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, access to ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Full Weekend Package $150 for one car and TWO people on both Saturday and Sunday. The package includes parking in the Porsche corral, two lunches with unlimited soft beverages, eligibility for the Saturday concours, silent auction and door prizes, access to the ARPCA tents and the race course.
- Additional meal tickets for either day: $20 per person (must be bought with a pre-registration package – “walk on” lunch tickets will NOT be sold)
- The WALK-ON (On-site registration) rate is $90 per day (no weekend discount) and will include parking in the Porsche corral, lunch for two with soft beverages, eligibility for raffles and door prizes, access to the ARPCA tents and race course. SAVE BY PRE-REGISTERING!
NO DISCOUNTS APPLY TO WALK ON PRICING CASH OR CHECK ONLY FOR WALK ON – NO CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TIMELY DISCOUNTS.
See you at the races!
Note: Registration closes July 6th at 11:59PM. We may accept a limited number of late registrations but your credit card will be immediately charged. Email Ed Rice using link above to inquire. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BAD WEATHER, WILL BE ISSUED AFTER JULY 1, 2018 AS THIS IS A CHARITABLE EVENT. Any registrations after close will be completed on-site at a “walk-on” rate (see above).
HOTEL PARTNERS FOR OUT-OF-TOWN GUESTS:
Reservations for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix 2018/Porsche Club may be made at either hotel by using one of the following methods:
HILTON GARDEN INN (CRANBERRY) – 2000 Garden View Lane, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Special Rate: Block rates TBD
- hotel – (724)-779-9999
- Website: http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/pennsylvania/hilton-garden-inn-pittsburgh-cranberry-PITCRGI/index.html
Start date: 7/13/17 – End date: 7/16/17
HYATT PLACE PITTSBURGH CRANBERRY – 136 Emeryville Dr, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
Special group rate: Block rates TBD
- hotel – 724 779 7900 ext 3 (reservations)
Start date: 7/13/17 - End date: 7/16/17