2012 Watkins Glen DE
Come Run with us at The Glen!
Our fist Drivers Education event of the season is at Watkins Glen. It will be held on Saturday and Sunday, May 12 and 13. Over the last two years we have sold out this event. We’re again limiting the number of students to 100. There will be a lapping day for experienced drivers on Friday, May 11th. This year we will be renting garages so you can hide from the elements – be it sun or rain!
The ARPCA is a very active group. In addition to the on-track activities we also have:
- Dinner on Saturday at the track. You will be able to relax and enjoy good food and drink with both new and old friends!
- A “spouse auxiliary” that coordinates off-track activities to antique shops, flea markets and wineries.
As you probably know, Watkins Glen International (nicknamed “The Glen”) is an auto race track located near Watkins Glen, New York, at the southern tip of Seneca Lake. The facility is owned by International Speedway Corporation. It was long known around the world as the home of the United States Grand Prix, which it hosted for 20 consecutive years (1961–1980), but it has been home to road racing of nearly every class for over 50 years, including Formula One, the World Sportscar Championship, Can-Am, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and the IndyCar Series. We run the 3.4 miles grand prix configuration which is enjoyed by both new as well as experienced drivers.
To register or for more information follow the links below:
- To Register (using MotorsportReg.com): http://msreg.us/ARPCA-WGI-2012
- ARPCA Track Information: Here
- Track Information: http://www.theglen.com/
- Contact – Bob Nadin: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +1 (412) 913-4479