February 2016 Eblast-1
Pittsburgh Porsche deity have declared this weekend the last cold spell of winter ’15-16 – Phew!
Before seeing the ~ $3M Aston Martin Vulcan at Pittsburgh’s International Car Show this Presidents’ Day weekend, start off your car crush weekend TONIGHT in Sewickley. Jason Sauer (Artist, Army Vet, Derby Champ) will be unveiling SIX new paintings. Details below along with a listing of all our upcoming events to help you begin the spring thaw. TIP: Mark your calendars now as events are already filling fast and or selling out…
Friday Feb 12 (Tonight!!) 7:00-9:30PM – Jason Sauer #PorscheBarn Art Exhibit
- Jason Sauer (Artist, Army Vet, Demolition Derby Champ) unveils SIX new paintings (PPG Paints on Alcoa Aluminum Plate in Handmade Wooden Frames)
- Each pays tribute to Porsche cars smooth lines against country landscapes and rugged barns.
- Yes same artist’s work you saw (and bought) at ARPCA’s Holiday Party
- TONIGHT Feb 12 – 7:00-9:30PM – More Info Here
Thursday February 18th – Business Meeting
- Be a part of our club leadership and help plan events or just come for some car-maraderie
- Thurs Feb 18th Location – Window Systems
- All Future Meetings/Locations Details on 2016 Biz Mtg Schedule
Sunday February 28th 12:00PM – An afternoon w/ Hurley Haywood at AutoPalace
- One of the world’s most accomplished endurance racing divers (yeah, of course he drove for Porsche!) will be in Pittsburgh to discuss his impressive career and lots more!
- Full Event Info On ARPCA.com
- MUST RSVP to AutoPalace by Monday Feb 22 Thru This Link
Thursday March 31 5:00PM – Meet the New 991.2 at AutoPalace
- Details TBD but Contact President Mark Hanson with questions
- AutoPalace Porsche – 4627 Baum Blvd Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Saturday April 2 Time? – MidWinter Party & Meet the New 991.2 at Sewickley Porsche
- Details coming soon but Contact President Mark Hanson with questions
- Sewickley Porsche – 526 Ohio River Blvd Sewickley, PA 15143
Saturday April 16 – Hershey Swap Meet – by CPA-PCA
- Fast Company is hosting Meguiars for a ‘How to Detail Your Porsche’ Session
- Cost: $5.00 per person (includes coffee, muffins and a donation to an ARPCA charity)
- Contact Concours Chair Brian with questions or read more on ARPCA.com
- RSVP before April 21 On MSR
DE Track Season 2016 with ARPCA
Click Here for full season detail or on Individual Event Below to Register:
- Watkins Glen – May 6-8 – SOLD OUT WAITLIST ONLY – Instructors & Student!
- PittRace – June 4-5 – Full North & South Track (selling fast)
- PittRace #2 July 29-31 – Full North & New South Track (selling fast)
- Mid-O: Sept 9-11 – An annual favorite track – filling quickly!
AutoCross 2016 Season with ARPCA
- ARPCA Will again host 3 competitive AutoCrosses in 2016: May (29), August & October
- Before those take place we’ll be hosting an AutoCross SCHOOL Saturday May 28 at PittRace
- Full details soon but mark your calendar now and check ARPCA website for more details!
PVGP – Another Special Year Planned for 2016
- Last night at the RedCARpet Premier of Pittsburgh’s Intl Auto Show, PVGP presented a donation check to AVS & Autism Society of Pittsburgh for $400,000 – a NEW Record! Congrats to PVGP and all of you for making it all happen and helping change the lives of so many in ways you could never possibly imagine.
- PVGP Chair Ed as you know helped sell the Joplin 356 for a record $1.7M in December due to his endless promotional efforts of the car he was able to get for the PVGP last year. Not one to rest on his laurels, he’s finishing the final touches for ARPCA PVGP 2016 Party but safe to say it will be another special year. Watch Rundschau and the website for full details.
- One special thing helping ARPCA raise funds for PVGP in 2016 is a panoramic painting by artist Linda Barnicott (yes, of the renowned “Meet Me Under Kaufmann’s Clock” work). Jay & Lisa Malobicky have been outlining ideas w/ Linda for well over a year and landed on a one of a kind piece to commemorate ARPCA at PVPG. A quick black & white sketch of concept is below but contact Jay directly for more details on how YOUR Porsche could be included in this exceptional piece of art and how to get a copy to hang in YOUR home: