Ready to break out your hibernating Porsche? Here’s the latest e-News from ARPCA for upcoming events:
PLEASE MAKE NOTE OF UPDATED LOCATION / DATE / TIMES!!!
Thursday March 10th – Business Meeting – LOCATION CHANGE !!!
- Be a part of our club leadership and help plan events or just come for some car-maraderie.
- Thursday, March 10th 7:30PM – Sewickley Car Store – BMW Conference Room
- All future meeting locations and details can be found on the 2016 Biz Mtg Schedule.
Saturday April 2 – 5:00PM – ARPCA Mid-Winter Party/Meet the 2017 911 at Sewickley Porsche
- Details and RSVP here
- Contact President Mark Hanson with questions.
- Sewickley Porsche – 526 Ohio River Blvd, Sewickley, PA 15143
Thursday April 7 6:30-9:00PM – Meet the New 991.2 at Auto Palace – DATE & TIME CHANGE
- Details TBD, but Contact President Mark Hanson with questions.
- Auto Palace Porsche – 4627 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Thursday April 14th – Business Meeting
Saturday April 16 – Hershey Swap Meet – by CPA-PCA
- F.A.S.T. Company is hosting Meguiar’s for a “How to Detail Your Porsche” session.
- Cost: $5.00 per person (includes coffee, muffins and a donation to an ARPCA charity)
- Contact Concours Chair Brian with questions or read more on ARPCA.com.
- RSVP before April 21 on MSR.
Saturday May 21 – 5:00PM – ARPCA NEW & All Member Dinner and People’s Choice Concours
- Due to popular demand (and more importantly Kristy’s awesome negotiating), we return again in 2016 to Willow Pittsburgh just off I-279 N at Camp Horne Rd.
- Kristy’s husband, Brian, has added a People’s Choice Concours to this year’s AMD!!!
- Full details soon but start polishing!
DE Track Season 2016 with ARPCA
Autocross Season 2016 with ARPCA
- ARPCA will again host three competitive Autocross events in 2016: May 29, July 30 & October 22.
- Before those take place, we’ll be hosting an AUTOCROSS SCHOOL Saturday, May 28 at Pitt Race.
- Full details soon, but mark your calendar now and check ARPCA website for more details!
PVGP – Another Special Year Planned for 2016
- Last month at the Red CARpet Premiere of the Pittsburgh International Auto Show, PVGP presented the 2015 donation check to the Autism Society of Pittsburgh and the Allegheny Valley School for $400,000 – a new record! Congrats to PVGP and all of you for making it happen! You’re helping change the lives of so many in ways you could never possibly imagine.
- As you know, PVGP Chair Ed helped sell the Joplin 356 for a record $1.7M in December due to his endless promotional efforts of this car which he was able to get for the PVGP last year. Not one to rest on his laurels, he’s making the final touches on ARPCA PVGP 2016 Party, but safe to say it will be another special year. Watch the Rundschau and web for full details.
- For this year’s PVGP event, we are offering a truly unique opportunity for Club members to have your own Porsche included in a limited edition panoramic print created by renowned artist Linda Barnicott. The print is a beautiful rendition of our Porsche corral at Schenley Park, and showcases a portion of the track with vintage race cars, and other iconic Pittsburgh scenes. This is your opportunity to have your own car drawn in the picture on the lawn, and enjoy the memory of the PVGP long after the show is over! This project is the premier fundraising initiative to meet the club’s fundraising goal for the PVGP. Please review the pen and ink rendering below. Cars shown in this sketch are for illustrative purposes only. The final print will be a full color 16″ by 20″ signed and numbered lithograph. Participants who choose to make a donation will be able to reserve a location in the print and have their car accurately recreated in the scene. For a larger donation, you can have your car featured in the front rows! You can also have more than one car included. All donors will receive a signed and numbered print. However, the top seven donors will receive an artist-enhanced color archival giclée print worth considerably more. The original work of art will be available for silent auction at the ARPCA tent during this year’s Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (a value of $6,400). If you are interested in becoming a part of this worthwhile and unparalleled opportunity, please contact John Malobicky at (724) 224-3782 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited, so respond at your earliest opportunity. Photographs of your Porsche must be submitted within the next few weeks to guarantee artwork is available for this summer’s PVGP.