Spring has sprung, so if yinz’ Porsche ain’t on the road yet it should be!! ? Make certain you sign up for the latest ARPCA events including:
Saturday, April 2 – 5:00PM – ARPCA Mid-Winter Party/Meet the 2017 911 at Sewickley Car Store
- Details and RSVP here
- Contact President Mark Hanson with questions.
- Sewickley Porsche – 526 Ohio River Blvd, Sewickley, PA 15143
Thursday, April 7 6:30-9:00PM – New 991.2 Launch Party at Auto Palace – DATE & TIME CHANGE
- Details TBD, but Contact President Mark Hanson with questions.
- Auto Palace Porsche – 4627 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Thursday, April 14 7:30PM – Business Meeting
Saturday, April 16 – Hershey Swap Meet – by CPA-PCA
- F.A.S.T. Company is hosting Meguiar’s for a “How to Detail Your Porsche” session.
- Cost: $5.00 per person (includes coffee, muffins and a donation to an ARPCA charity)
- Contact Concours Chair Brian with questions or read more on ARPCA.com.
- RSVP before April 21 on MSR.
Saturday May 21 – 5:00PM – ARPCA NEW & ALL Member Dinner Plus People’s Choice Concours
- Due to popular demand (and more importantly Kristy’s awesome negotiating), we return again in 2016 to Willow Pittsburgh just off I-279 N at Camp Horne Rd.
- Kristy’s husband, Brian, has added a People’s Choice Concours to this year’s AMD!!!
- Full details soon but start polishing!
DE Track Season 2016 with ARPCA
- Watkins Glen – May 6-8 – SOLD OUT WAITLIST ONLY – Instructors & Student!
- PittRace – June 4-5 – Full North & South Track (selling fast)
- PittRace #2 – July 29-31 – Full North & New South Track (selling fast)
- Mid-O – Sept 9-11 – An annual favorite track (filling quickly!)
Autocross SCHOOL – First Time Ever!
Ever been curious about autocross but not sure what it is about? Are you an experienced autocross driver who would like to find those last few seconds in your runs?
May 28, 2016, ARPCA will host its first ever Autocross School at Pitt Race in Wampum, PA. This school will teach students what to expect at an autocross. The school is structured to provide students with as many runs as possible. In order to provide superior one-on-one instruction and as many runs possible for participants, registration is limited to thirty-five (35) students. The event is designed so beginners as well as experienced drivers will be given skill-level appropriate instruction. This event will sell out, so register early.
ARPCA members are given priority access, and the event is NOW open through private registration: HERE (http://msreg.com/ARPCA-Autox-School). ARPCA members have priority registration for the next two weeks, then the event will be made public to all April 7, 2016.
If you have any question, write firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following Day will be ARPCA’s first autocross of 2016 – practice for a full day in advance!!!
Autocross Season 2016 with ARPCA
- ARPCA will again host three competitive autocross events in 2016: May 29, July 30 & October 22.
- Before those take place, we’ll be hosting an AUTOCROSS SCHOOL Saturday, May 28 at Pitt Race.
- Full details soon, but mark your calendar now and check ARPCA website for more details!
PVGP – Another Special Year Planned for 2016
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN – HERE! You know you’re coming, so register now (like the numerous Chicago Region PCA members already have!!!)
- For this year’s PVGP event, we are offering a truly unique opportunity for Club members to have your own Porsche included in a limited edition panoramic print created by renowned artist Linda Barnicott. The print is a beautiful rendition of our Porsche corral at Schenley Park, and showcases a portion of the track with vintage race cars, and other iconic Pittsburgh scenes. This is your opportunity to have your own car drawn in the picture on the lawn, and enjoy the memory of the PVGP long after the show is over! This project is the premier fundraising initiative to meet the club’s fundraising goal for the PVGP. Please review the pen and ink rendering below. Cars shown in this sketch are for illustrative purposes only. The final print will be a full color 16″ by 20″ signed and numbered lithograph. Participants who choose to make a donation will be able to reserve a location in the print and have their car accurately recreated in the scene. For a larger donation, you can have your car featured in the front rows! You can also have more than one car included. All donors will receive a signed and numbered print. However, the top seven donors will receive an artist-enhanced color archival giclée print worth considerably more. The original work of art will be available for silent auction at the ARPCA tent during this year’s Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (a value of $6,400). If you are interested in becoming a part of this worthwhile and unparalleled opportunity, please contact John Malobicky at (724) 224-3782 or e-mail email@example.com. Space is limited, so respond at your earliest opportunity. Photographs of your Porsche must be submitted within the next few weeks to guarantee artwork is available for this summer’s PVGP.