ARPCADE at Pitt Race August 10 & 11 is almost here!
Two weeks earlier than last year!
Join us at PittRace for another great weekend of track activities. With only a few weeks left before this event, time is running out so plan now and register today!
For those new to this annual event, here’s some background on PittRace:
- Facility is located just 20 minutes north of Pittsburgh Intl Airport.
- North Track is a 1.6 mile course with over 11 turns, sweeps and elevation changes.
- High-quality surface is well maintained.
- Vehicle Dynamics Area (VDA), 5+ acres of pavement we’ll also be using for car control activities to refine handling skills. These include Slalom and Stop, Avoidance and Skidpad exercises.
All types of vehicles are welcome!
In addition to Porsches, we have Audis, BMWs, Corvettes, Lotuses, Mazdas, Minis, Subarus come and participate. All that is required is that you have a technical safety inspection (form here) completed by your local mechanic.
Come for a party!
In addition to on-track activities the club will also be having a dinner social gathering at the track Saturday evening. Have your family come up to enjoy good food and drink with friends.
Come see a new facility being built!
PittRace is investing millions in upgrading the facility and creating a new 2.88-mile track scheduled to open in 2014 but improvements are already underway! The driveway to the track and the driver’s paddock area are both now paved! Pitt Race has added additional “Air-Conditioned” rest rooms with showers in the paddock area. Camping is available, for a nominal weekend fee (slightly more with hook-ups), which is purchased directly with PittRace as you enter the gate.
New to Track Events?
First time? No worries. Our club excels in making sure your experience is safe and enjoyable. You will be paired with an instructor who will be knowledgeable in driving your type of car at speed. Your day will begin with a drivers meeting, classroom instruction and then out onto the track. We run rain or shine – many drivers find that running in the rain is just as enjoyable – the major difference is everything just happens at lower speeds. You will need a SNELL 2005 or newer rated helmet. All of this will be covered in the detailed student information packet that we’ll provide before the event.
How Do I register or get more information?
• For a list of ARPCA sponsored DE’s: here
• For more track information: https://arpca.com/category/track/
If you have questions or would like to discuss any aspect of our Events contact:
- Scott Mores: email@example.com or: 412-855-6659
- Alan Schrenker: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tim Hronek: email@example.com
If you can’t attend consider our last track event of 2013:
Mid-Ohio (Sept 20-22) The Mid-Ohio road course is one of the great auto racing facilities and is nestled in the rolling hills of Lexington, OH. This 2.3 mile technical road course is enjoyed by both new as well as experienced drivers. More details and registration for this perennial favorite can be found here: Mid-Ohio (Sept 20-22)