e-Rundschau: March 2018 #2
Mid March means Ontario’s entire population will soon fill all lanes of I-79 as they migrate back from their annual winter Florida trip. Someone say carpool, eh? Hopefully soon you will break out your slumbering special P-car if you haven’t already. Get ready as driving season is quickly approaching.
Is Standard time still showing on your Porsche clocks? Read below for the quick guide for adjusting to DST. Plus… Last call to register for the All Member Dinner…
Sunday March 25th – 4:00-7:00PM – New & All Member Dinner
Invitation to all our new members to enjoy a Sunday afternoon with existing club members at our annual All Members Dinner. Due to huge success last year, the venue will again be: Blue North in Allison Park! Owner, Grain Trainor, is reserving restaurant for our club exclusively. Come join the club members for a wonderful tradition!
- Please note: Late registrations can not be accepted for this event.
- New Member in 2017 or early 2018? Check your email for a special invite from President Rossi [*cough*] a free meal [*cough*]
Register Here – Space Still Available but closes Sat 11:59PM!
NAME BADGES ORDERED WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP AT EVENT
Thursday April 12th – 7:00PM – Monthly Business Meeting
Attend our regular Monthly Business Meeting which begins promptly at 7:00PM.
- Host: TBD – www.arpca.com will have details posted by April 1.
Tuesday April 24th – 11:30AM – Porsche Touring Crew Lunch
The Porsche Touring Crew will travel back in time on Tuesday, April 24, for a luncheon at the historic Hotel Saxonburg in Saxonburg, PA. Plan on arriving at the hotel 11- 11:30 am. Select your favorite lunch fare off the menu and enjoy the company of fellow ARPCA members. No cost for event; however, attendees pay for their own lunch. Guests are always welcome. Registration for this event is through MotorsportsReg (MSR) and closes 4.21
2018 Driver Education Series – REGISTRATION OPEN – DONT’ DELAY!
The Allegheny Region Porsche Club of America is excited to open our DE schedule for 2018. We will be hosting three (3) High Performance Drivers Education (DE) events this year. Registration now open.
Please note some changes for the 2018 season.
- Payment – Your credit card will be charged upon completion of your registration. Review the 2018 cancellation policy on event posting for additional details.
- Run Groups – We have eliminated one run group to allow for more track time. We published a tentative Watkins Glen schedule. Each schedule will be finalized as we get closer to event.
- Longer Sessions – by eliminating a run group we increased your track time every session!
Follow the hotlink below to register for each event – don’t delay:
- Watkins Glen (May 5-6 plus lapping day) (87% Filled – Waitlist for Garage)
- Pitt Race (Jul 28-29 plus lapping day) (40% Filled)
- Mid-Ohio (Sep 8-9 plus lapping day) (25% Filled – Garages going quickly…)
PVGP 2018 – July 13, 14, 15 – Schenley Park Weekend
Ed Rice and his team have the details all set for our 2018 Party in the Park. Registration is now open on MSR; sign up today and mark the calendar for an annual party you will not want to miss!
Tech Tip: Standard Time still displayed on your Porsche clocks? Below are 5 quick steps on how to reset the clocks in your multifunction display equipped Porsche.
- Locate the Thumbwheel on steering wheel or Multi-function Lever whichever equipment you have…
- Select (by depressing wheel or pushing lever forward) Vehicle. …
- Select Settings. …
- Select Date & Time. …
- Select DST (+01:00) or Summer time. …