PTC to Drop Anchor in Fox Chapel
Baja Brunch to Mark U.S. Milestones
The Porsche Touring Crew has announced a July 26 luncheon engagement at one of its favorite Summertime haunts, The Baja Bar and Grill.
The Baja Bar & Grill located in the Fox Chapel Yacht Club complex, offers breezy, covered outdoor dining (weather permitting) overlooking Summer traffic on the Allegheny River. Owner-Manager Jimmy Joyce will be serving up his giant fried cod sandwich, wraps and burgers, but will also feature heart-healthy choices like the Grill’s Roasted Beet, Chicken and Walnut salad (with gorgonzola cheese and fresh strawberries).
The Baja Bar will be fully-stocked and wide-open to any PTC’r who cares to celebrate National Scotch Day (a day early), or to “pretend” it’s National Vodka, Bourbon, or Beer Day!
The event is open to all ARPCA members and guests, but this year, attendees will be polled as to which U.S. anniversary PTC should be celebrating. For those thinking July 26th is an insignificant date, please consider these cultural milestones:
- 1775 — The Second Continental Congress establishes a U.S. postal system.
- 1909 – With President Taft is attendance, the Wright Brothers’ invention – the first military airplane — completes one of the final qualifying flights for its sale to the U.S. Army Signal Corps.
- 1943 — Mick Jagger is born.
- 1953 – The armistice agreement ending the Korean War is signed at P’anmunjom in central Korea.
- 1990 – Zsa Zsa Gabor prepares to serve a three-day jail sentence for slapping a police officer in Beverly Hills, CA.
(Hard to Pick!)
The Porsche Touring Crew is an informal ARPCA group that hosts luncheon and driving events, and is always looking for new members and their guests — and always looking for new and interesting dining destinations. Registration and $5 donation per person for ARPCA’s PTC chosen charity, Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank, is required; lunch otherwise self-pay on site. Register via MotorsportReg here:
Mick Jagger image sourced from Nationaal Archief used under a CC 3.0 lic.