It’s Time for a Porsche Club Summer Drive!
PVGP Glacier Tour Special
In light of the restrictions in response to the Coronavirus pandemic, and the cancellation of our much loved annual PVGP Porsche Club event, it sure has made it difficult to have fun this summer, but that just means we need to be creative in coming up with safe solutions. To help keep with the spirit of our Porsche Club dedication and to recognize some of the key events we missed around the PVGP race week, please join the ARPCA Chapter for a socially distance-friendly “Glacier Tour” drive on Saturday, August 29th.
Bring your face-mask and your Porsche as we drive from Cranberry, PA to visit Moraine State Park, Volante Mill Winery and the Covered Bridge at McConnell’s Road PA. via the glacial scenery and twisty roads of northern PA. The tour is approximately 90 miles and will take about 3 hrs total – We’ll stop for lunch on return to the Cranberry area where folks are free to eat at one of the open dining establishments in Cranberry area. Seats for the tour are limited, so first come, first served.
The departure location will be the back parking lot of Hilton Garden Inn, Cranberry. The address is 2000 Garden View Ln, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066. Meet up at 9:45 AM. Driver’s meeting is at 9:45 AM and we will be on the road no later than 10:00 AM. Due to the PA DOH and CDC recommendations on social distancing we will be doing waivers electronically and we will be meeting in separate sections of the parking lot.
This drive is rated as a mix between Leisure and Sporty – Your Porsche will be moving through several roads and curves with some gusto!
There are limited entries with a fee of $20 per vehicle towards the PVGP 2020 charity contributions. Registration is mandatory via Motorsportreg.com
Click here for the map view of the route
For those using digital navigation via smartphone apps or Apple CarPlay, we recommend using Waze and entering the following sequence of waypoints in the Favorites tab. Navigate to each number to follow the entire route. (Google Maps does not work well)
- Hampton Garden Inn– Cranberry
- Evans City(take SR528 to Little Creek Rd, its a nice twisty road using the next 2 waypoints)
- Mark West Energy(774 Prospect Road Evans City)
- 700 Little Creek Road
- 399 Little Creek Road
- Natural Spring(Kelly Road, Portersville)
- North Shore Drive(Moraine) – drivers have the choice of doing the entire North loop of the lake or taking a shortcut to head over towards Volant via RT19) (see the map link)
- Harlansburg(Scott Township [on RT19])
- Volant Mills (550 Main Street) – drivers can stop for a walkabout/coffee/bathroom break etc.
- Cheese House. (3356 SR-208, Wilmington) Option for drivers if they want to stop and pick up some local made specialty cheeses and produce. Big parking lot.
- Covered Bridge(#1) (Covered Bridge Road, Volant)
- McConnells Mill State Park(Covered Bridge #2) – Option for some drivers to visit this park and covered bridge – caution required as its a C-grade road
— Drivers can either head back to Cranberry via I79, or select 399 Little Creek Road to take the reverse scenic route south
- Back home or to Cranberry restaurants for lunch.